Get Ready

Get Ready
Consider the Alternative!

Sunday, April 01, 2007

See Chant Sing



Breathe, Throb, Learn, Pursue... \ / Awaken, Practice, Publish, Perish


Everyone plays
from the moment of birth -
they breathe, throb,
beat breasts living,
crying - laughing - learning
dependence, independence and
interdependence IF they are awakened;
or they pursue - chase - run - sleep;
deny - defy - die.
--
Nobody shoulds on me.
I see my roll
(how I enjoy rolling around my pen)
as roly-poly play.
I push; I find the buttons that sound alarms.
When oppression is evident but not acknowledged,

I sound an alarm;

write a letter
when rules make no sense,

I sound an alarm;

speak up and talk to someone.
when the system is crazy, and the world around me is

going to hell in a handbasket,

I sound an alarm;

write to the responsible party - government itself.
My playpen is a cubicle in a government office -

I am a rebel, labeled for elimination

[?? - the proof is gathering in files]

I educate

I work on be half of the whole environment;
I work for celebration of natural and cultural heritage conservation;
I volunteer for gay and lesbian social justice;
I work and play nation-wide in Canada, north and south, east and west;
My practice is to keep laughing as much as possible, because
it's impossible to overestimate the unimportance of most things -
my individual contribution to workplace sanity is tiny

I may even be an A__hole.

However, in the context of the whole planet,

all I know for sure is that I am moving molecules around,
biodegrading foodstuff, and will contribute to ecosystem dynamics
with the ash and dust of bones after I'm gone.

No comments: